Quick Spaghetti with Prawns – serves 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 or 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
20 large prawns, defrosted if frozen
250ml white wine
Zest two lemons
4 plums tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
Big handful basil leaves
Toasted flaked almonds
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add in the garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute on a medium heat stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add the white wine. Bring to the boil and allow it to reduce by half.
- Add the prawns and the lemon rind. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and bring back to a simmer for two minutes.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add to the sauce. Mix well to cover the spaghetti with the sauce.
- Add the basil leaves and the toasted flaked almonds.
- Season and serve.