Pork & Apple Sausage Rolls
320g Jus-Rol all butter Puff Pastry
250g good quality sausage meat
150g cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced finely
2 scallions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sage leaves, finely chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees / 180 degrees fan.
- Mix the sausage meat with the apples, scallions and sage leaves. Season with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Unroll the pastry and lay on a chopping board. Cut the sheet into two lengthways.
- Lay the sausage meat mixture down the centre of each strip.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg and fold over the pastry to make two long sausage rolls.
- Cut to the required length. Brush with the beaten egg. Place on a baking tray and put into the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.