As we all know oranges are rich in vitamin C. Orange zest is thought to help lower cholesterol. Mackerel is an oily fish and is a rich source of protein & omega 3 fatty acids.
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Mackerel fillets, skin on
- Zest & juice 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 40g toasted flaked almonds
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Put the flour on a large plate and season with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Dip the mackerel into the flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan until it melts.
- Add the mackerel skin side down and fry for 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn over and fry for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Add the orange zest and juice and the maple syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Sprinkle over the nuts and the parsley and serve.