Healthy & Wholesome Granola
100g cashew nuts
50g toasted coconut flakes
25g pumpkin seeds
50g pure maple syrup
50g coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
150g organic porridge oats
25g sunflower seeds
2 heaped teaspoons ground cinnamon
50g dried goji berries
Required: parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees fan.
- Put the cashews, almonds, coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds into a food processor and pulse a few times to break up the large nuts into smaller pieces.
- In a medium size pot melt the coconut oil. Turn off heat. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir to mix.
- Add the oats, sunflower seeds, ground cinnamon and the mix from the food processor and stir very well.
- Put some baking parchment paper onto 2 baking trays and divide the mixture between the two of them. Spread the mixture evenly over both trays.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Stir once or twice during this time.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the dried goji berries.
- Allow to cool. Once cool store in an airtight container for up to a month.
- Serve with milk or yoghurt.