Mushroom Soup with Truffle Oil – serves 6
15g dried porcini mushrooms
1 tablespoons rapeseed oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
250g brown mushrooms, cleaned & finely chopped
3 sprigs fresh thyme
400ml vegetable stock
50ml double cream
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
To serve: Truffle oil and finely chopped parsley leaves
1. Put the porcini mushrooms into a small bowl. Soak them for at least 20 minutes in boiling water. Drain and reserve the liquid and then roughly chop.
2. Heat the rapeseed oil and butter in a pot. Once the butter melts add the onion and cook until softened but not coloured on a low heat.
3. Then add the porcini mushrooms, garlic, brown mushrooms, thyme, vegetable stock and the reserved liquid. Season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove the thyme and blend with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth.
6. Add the cream and reheat.
7. Ladle into bowls and serve with a drizzle of truffle oil and some parsley leaves.