Healthy (ish) Chocolate Pancakes – serves 4
200g plain flour
2 medium eggs
500ml low fat milk
3 tablespoons cacao powder
Zest of 1 orange
To Fry: Sunflower oil & a knob of butter
To Serve: More Orange rind, Blueberries, Maple Syrup, 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
- Put the flour and cacao powder into a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Make a well in the centre. Add the eggs and a small about of milk and beat with an electric mixer.
- Once you are satisfied that there are no lumps add the rest of the milk and beat again.
- Stir in the zest of an orange and mix.
- Put a splash of sunflower oil plus a knob of butter into a frying pan or crepe pan over a high heat.
- I swirl the oil and butter around to coat the pan and then pour out the excess into a clean bowl and save it to use for the next pancake.
- Ladle in some batter and swirl around. Fry until it sets on one side and then flip over and fry the other side.
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter.
- Serve with more orange rind, blueberries, maple syrup, 0% fat Greek yoghurt.