Fish & Chips – serves 2 adults + 2 children
4 large baking potatoes (I use roosters)
2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
2 slices wholemeal bread
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
600g fresh cod, skin and bones removed and cut into large cubes
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees fan.
- Wash the potatoes well and cut into medium sized chips.
- Pour two tablespoons rapeseed oil onto a baking tray and add the chips.
- Toss gently in the oil and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes turning half way through.
- Put the bread, lemon rind and parsley into a food processor and process to form breadcrumbs.
- Put this mixture into a large size freezer bag. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix well.
- Add in the cubes of fish and mix gently to coat the fish in the crumbs.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or silicone sheets. Place the fish evenly apart on tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the fish is opaque and cooked through.
- Serve with peas and ketchup.