Blood Oranges are high in vitamin C and folic acid. The red pigmentation contains anthocyanins which are thought to have anti-inflammatory properties and numerous other health benefits.
- 200g castor sugar
- 200ml water
- 400ml blood orange juice
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Put the castor sugar and water in a pot and bring to the boil stirring constantly.
- Once it boils remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled mix with the blood orange juice and the squeeze of lemon juice.
- Pour through a sieve onto a small baking tray.
- Put in the freezer overnight or until frozen.
- Once frozen scrape the granita with a fork until you have a slushy mix. You can then pop this slushy mix back into the freezer until ready to use.